Jana Miller Schmidt is a Board Member at Girl Talk, Inc., a nonprofit committed to empowering girls everywhere to be confident leaders through peer-to-peer mentoring programs. She is also a Board Member at WebBank, an FDIC insured, state-chartered industrial bank.
Throughout her career, Jana has led startup, mid-sized, and mature fintech and martech companies in the financial services, payments, retail, and energy industries. Her past positions include President and CEO of Harland Clarke, CEO of QuickPivot, President and CEO of Ecova, and many others.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Jana Miller Schmidt talks about her background in marketing and C-suite executive leadership
- The important lessons Jana learned after a ransomware attack threatened one of her companies
- What do adolescents need to know about cybersecurity and data privacy?
- The importance of giving your CISO (Chief Information Security Officer) a seat at the executive table
- Why overlooking potential privacy and security risks in your company will cost much more than replacing a legacy system
- Jana’s biggest privacy and security advice for listeners: create strong passwords (and change them often!)
In this episode…
Is your company putting off updating its outdated security systems? Are you intimidated by the costs of overhauling your current security and privacy practices? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, C-suite executive Jana Miller Schmidt has some advice for you: it’s all about long-term investment.
While updating your legacy systems might seem unnecessary, expensive, or strenuous, it actually costs much more in the long run to ignore the risks that outdated systems present to your company. As Jana says, maintaining a future-focused mindset is key — which means it’s time to start investing in your legacy systems today.
In this episode of She Said Privacy/He Said Security, Jodi and Justin Daniels sit down with Jana Miller Schmidt, a Board Member at Girl Talk, Inc. and WebBank, to discuss her tips for mitigating privacy and security risks both personally and professionally. Listen in as Jana talks about developing your privacy and security ecosystems, protecting children and teenagers from privacy threats, and prioritizing up-to-date legacy systems for your company. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Jana Miller Schmidt on LinkedIn
- Jana’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Girl Talk, Inc.
- Jodi Daniels on LinkedIn
- Justin Daniels on LinkedIn
- Red Clover Advisors
- Red Clover Advisors on LinkedIn
- Red Clover Advisors on Facebook
- Red Clover Advisors’ email: email@example.com
- Harland Clarke
- Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don’t Know by Adam Grant
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Red Clover Advisors.
Red Clover Advisors uses data privacy to transform the way that companies do business together and create a future where there is greater trust between companies and consumers.
Founded by Jodi Daniels, Red Clover Advisors helps their clients comply with data privacy laws and establish customer trust so that they can grow and nurture integrity. They work with companies in a variety of fields, including technology, SaaS, ecommerce, media agencies, professional services, and financial services.
Their free guide, “How to Increase Customer Engagement in a Private World,” is available here.