Rob Cummings is the Managing Director and Chief Technology Officer of Falfurrias Capital Partners, a private equity firm that acquires and invests in middle-market businesses. Rob is also the Co-founder and former Director of DealCloud Inc., a software provider that serves businesses in the private equity, investment banking, corporate development, lending, and business development corporation industries.
In addition to his current role, Rob serves on a variety of boards, including the Apex Center for Entrepreneurs, Charlotte Angel Fund, Skipper, and many others.
Here's a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Rob Cummings talks about his background in business information technology and his current role as Chief Technology Officer
- How a company’s privacy and security risks impact its ability to sell
- The importance of prioritizing your business’ privacy and security—not just its revenue
- Some of the biggest security challenges that Rob’s portfolio companies are facing today
- How to prepare and implement a privacy program at your company
- Rob’s top personal privacy and security tip: take a breath before replying to an email
In this episode…
Is your company really doing enough to mitigate its privacy and security risks? Do you have a plan in place to protect your business from dangerous scams, data breaches, and other privacy and security concerns?
Unfortunately, for many companies, the answer is no. However, this lack of protection can have disastrous outcomes, such as lost revenue, stolen employee and client data, and an inability to sell your business in the future. So, what can you do to boost awareness and implement practical protective measures at your company right now?
In this episode of She Said Privacy/He Said Security, Jodi and Justin Daniels sit down with Rob Cummings, the Managing Director and Chief Technology Officer of Falfurrias Capital Partners, to discuss the ins and outs of common—but dangerous—privacy and security risks. Listen in as Rob reveals why revenue isn’t the only important part of your business, how to implement an effective privacy program, and his biggest personal privacy and security tips for individuals everywhere. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Rob Cummings on LinkedIn
- Falfurrias Capital Partners
- DealCloud, Inc.
- Jodi Daniels on LinkedIn
- Justin Daniels on LinkedIn
- Red Clover Advisors
- Red Clover Advisors on LinkedIn
- Red Clover Advisors on Facebook
- Red Clover Advisors’ email: email@example.com
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Red Clover Advisors.
Red Clover Advisors uses data privacy to transform the way that companies do business together and create a future where there is greater trust between companies and consumers.
Founded by Jodi Daniels, Red Clover Advisors helps their clients comply with data privacy laws and establish customer trust so that they can grow and nurture integrity. They work with companies in a variety of fields, including technology, SaaS, ecommerce, media agencies, professional services, and financial services.
Their free guide, “How to Increase Customer Engagement in a Private World,” is available here.