How Small and Large Organizations Can Identify and Prevent Common Privacy and Security Issues
Todd Ruback is the Director of Promontory Financial Group, an IBM Company, which advises clients on a variety of financial services issues, including strategy, compliance, risk management, and more. In this role, Todd oversees and manages privacy and data protection projects on the east coast of the US.
Before his work at Promontory, Todd worked as the Executive Director of Global Privacy Compliance Strategic Initiatives at JPMorgan Chase & Co. As a privacy executive with decades of experience, Todd specializes in GDPR, e-privacy, data protection, security, and much more.
Here's a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Todd Ruback talks about his background in data privacy and security
- The challenges organizations are facing as a result of the globalization of privacy
- How companies can better protect their data security when collaborating with third-party vendors
- Todd discusses the recent progress large and small companies have made in understanding and complying with privacy laws
- What are the differences—and similarities—between privacy and cybersecurity?
- Todd’s number one privacy tip for individuals: take control of your digital identity
In this episode…
Let’s cut to the chase: you want to know how to protect your company’s privacy and security. So, how can you avoid falling prey to the common privacy/security issues that plague small and large organizations alike?
With the speedy evolution of technology over the past few decades, many companies are struggling to keep up with the latest buzz on data privacy and cybersecurity. While many professionals are looking to take practical steps to protect their customers, their company, and themselves, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the volume of information available. That’s where privacy expert Todd Ruback comes in: to help your company create the fool-proof privacy strategy it has been looking for.
In this episode of She Said Privacy/He Said Security, Jodi and Justin Daniels sit down with Todd Ruback, the Director of Promontory Financial Group, an IBM Company, to discuss how both large and small companies can avoid privacy and security risks. Todd reveals how to protect your data while working with third-party vendors, the importance of understanding and complying with privacy laws, and his crucial privacy and security tips for both individuals and organizations. Stay tuned for more!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Todd Ruback on LinkedIn
- Promontory Financial Group, an IBM Company
- Jodi Daniels on LinkedIn
- Justin Daniels on LinkedIn
- Red Clover Advisors
- Red Clover Advisors on LinkedIn
- Red Clover Advisors on Facebook
- Red Clover Advisors’ email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reputation Defender
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Red Clover Advisors.
Red Clover Advisors uses data privacy to transform the way that companies do business together and create a future where there is greater trust between companies and consumers.
Founded by Jodi Daniels, Red Clover Advisors helps their clients comply with data privacy laws and establish customer trust so that they can grow and nurture integrity. They work with companies in a variety of fields, including technology, SaaS, ecommerce, media agencies, professional services, and financial services.
Their free guide, “How to Increase Customer Engagement in a Private World,” is available here.
You can also learn more about Red Clover Advisors by visiting their website or sending an email to email@example.com.