Titania Jordan is the CMO and Chief Parent Officer at Bark, an internet safety company that helps parents and schools keep children safe across social media, email, and text messaging. Bark works with more than 25 social media platforms, iOS and Android texting, and email providers to monitor and analyze childrens’ digital activity 24/7.
Outside of her role at Bark, Titania is the host of TechCONNECT, a show from 3Ci that features the latest technology news and innovators in Atlanta and around the world. She is also the co-author of the best-selling book, Parenting in a Tech World.
Here's a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Titania Jordan talks about her background in marketing and the intersection of parenting and tech
- Common misconceptions parents have about their children’s digital devices
- The dangers and risks that adolescents face online every day
- How Bark uses artificial intelligence to keep children safer in their digital experiences
- Titania explains how parents can use Bark in conjunction with other tools and services to promote maximum protection
- Tips and tricks for starting productive conversations with your children about cyber safety
- Titania recommends resources for parents looking to expand their knowledge about privacy and security
In this episode…
Are you looking for security-focused resources to help you improve your children’s digital safety? Do you want to know more about the dangers that children face online every day — and what you can do about it?
Unfortunately, as technology advances at a rapid pace, so do tech-related risks — especially for children. Many adolescents spend a great deal of time online, but few understand the dangers that the digital world presents. That’s why proactive parenting is so important when it comes to online safety for children: because what they don’t know can, quite literally, harm them. Thankfully, that’s where companies like Bark come in. Bark offers parents all over the globe the resources and tools they need to protect their children. So, how can you learn more about Bark and take concrete steps toward better internet safety for your kids?
In this episode of She Said Privacy/He Said Security, Jodi and Justin Daniels sit down with Titania Jordan, the CMO and Chief Parent Officer at Bark, to discuss the importance of protecting your children online. Listen in as Titania talks about the misconceptions parents have about digital safety, the common — and dangerous — risks that children face on the internet, and how Bark helps parents promote their children’s privacy and security online. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Titania Jordan on LinkedIn
- The Bark Blog
- TechCONNECT with Titania Jordan
- Parenting in a Tech World: A Handbook for Raising Kids in the Digital Age by Titania Jordan and Matt McKee
- Jodi Daniels on LinkedIn
- Justin Daniels on LinkedIn
- Red Clover Advisors
- Red Clover Advisors on LinkedIn
- Red Clover Advisors on Facebook
- Red Clover Advisors’ email: email@example.com
- Parenting in a Tech World Facebook Group
- Childhood 2.0
- Protect Young Eyes
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Red Clover Advisors.
Red Clover Advisors uses data privacy to transform the way that companies do business together and create a future where there is greater trust between companies and consumers.
Founded by Jodi Daniels, Red Clover Advisors helps their clients comply with data privacy laws and establish customer trust so that they can grow and nurture integrity. They work with companies in a variety of fields, including technology, SaaS, ecommerce, media agencies, professional services, and financial services.
You can get a copy of their free guide, “Privacy Resource Pack,” through this link.