Ben Halpert is the VP of Risk and Corporate Security at Ionic Security, a company that helps users control and secure their data through policy-based authorization, security, and visibility software. He is also the Founder and President of Savvy Cyber Kids, a 501(c)(3) non-profit that provides cyber ethics educational programs and resources for both families and educators.
In conjunction with his non-profit, Ben has authored the award-winning children’s book series, Savvy Cyber Kids at Home. He is also a Professor of Cybersecurity at Emory University and a popular keynote speaker for conferences and events worldwide.
Here's a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Ben Halpert talks about his background in cybersecurity and his current role at Ionic Security
- Why Ben started his cyber safety non-profit, Savvy Cyber Kids
- Ben’s experience creating and presenting TED Talks about cybersecurity and technology addiction
- Important considerations for parents of tech-savvy children: parental controls, porn exposure, and risk management
- How Savvy Cyber Kids helps parents start conversations about technology and address out-of-control situations
In this episode…
Do you want to help your children implement healthy boundaries with technology, but feel overwhelmed with how to start? Are you looking for trusted resources that can help you educate and train the next generation to value safety, security, and privacy in their interactions with social media? If so, this episode is for you!
The ubiquity of highly advanced technology and widespread social media usage can be a double-edged sword—especially for children and teens who don’t necessarily understand the risks that technology presents. According to cybersecurity expert Ben Halpert, the dangers of severe technology addiction, premature exposure to pornography, and vulnerability to online predators are more pressing than ever before. So, how can you keep your children safe, informed, and responsible—without prohibiting their access to technology altogether?
In this episode of She Said Privacy/He Said Security, Jodi and Justin Daniels sit down with Ben Halpert, the Founder and President of Savvy Cyber Kids, to discuss practical solutions to the pressing issues surrounding adolescent technology consumption. Listen in as Ben talks about what parents need to know about technology, his tips for starting open conversations about social media, and how Savvy Cyber Kids is changing the game through its powerful programs and resources. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Ben Halpert on LinkedIn
- Savvy Cyber Kids
- Ionic Security
- The Savvy Cyber Kids at Home Series
- “Technology Addiction and What You Can Do About It” TEDx Talk
- Jodi Daniels on LinkedIn
- Justin Daniels on LinkedIn
- Red Clover Advisors
- Red Clover Advisors on LinkedIn
- Red Clover Advisors on Facebook
- Red Clover Advisors’ email: email@example.com
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Red Clover Advisors.
Red Clover Advisors uses data privacy to transform the way that companies do business together and create a future where there is greater trust between companies and consumers.
Founded by Jodi Daniels, Red Clover Advisors helps their clients comply with data privacy laws and establish customer trust so that they can grow and nurture integrity. They work with companies in a variety of fields, including technology, SaaS, ecommerce, media agencies, professional services, and financial services.
Their free guide, “How to Increase Customer Engagement in a Private World,” is available here.