Red Clover Advisors is a leading national privacy consulting firm that simplifies data privacy practices so our clients can go beyond compliance, build trust with customers, and gain a competitive edge.
Privacy is the name of our game. We create world-class privacy programs, achieve privacy compliance, and build a bulletproof online data strategy their customers can count on.
We’re a certified Women’s Business Enterprise and proud of it. We believe data has the power to create a more personalized experience for the world and that there needs to be greater trust between companies and consumers. We also believe implementing data regulations can be complex, but not impossible.
Our team is looking for a motivated and engaging privacy consultant to join our growing team. This person will report directly to the owner and founder of Red Clover Advisors and interact with high-level clients on a daily basis.
As a privacy consultant at Red Clover Advisors, you’d join a hard-working team of go-getters. There’s no idea that isn’t welcome for consideration and self-motivated growth is built into our company culture. Everyone works remote and hours are flexible. If you’re hungry for a challenge and want to work in a high-growth industry, apply for this position today!
What you'll do:
- Provide strategic advice and business guidance on data privacy matters
- Prepare and update data inventories
- Identify and understand client’s processing activities, assets, vendors, and data flows.
- Support, create, and conduct privacy maturity assessments and privacy impact assessments. Analyze and prepare assessment reports.
- Work with and identify the individual rights request process for clients.
- Customize and write individual rights policies for clients for different data regulations.
- Prepare and assist in the development and delivery of data privacy and security.
- Create content to attract potential clients (whitepapers, blogs, infographics).
- Monitor global data privacy regulations (GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, CAN-SPAM, TCPA, Canada, Australia, ePrivacy Directive) and summarize updates
- Ability to transform external privacy laws into concrete policy & procedures
- Support the implementation of data privacy compliance processes (e.g. DPIAs execution, Data Subject Rights request response, consent management);
- Stay up to date on latest privacy innovations, technologies, approaches
- Define and monitor success metrics for client privacy programs
- The ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously and complete them in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- A self-starter who thrives without regular oversight.
- Comfortable with remote work, able to work independently with limited guidance and a self-driven attitude to make it successful.
- A passion for data privacy and an ability to perform extensive research as required.
- An exceptional ability to communicate verbally and in writing with a wide variety of audiences (technical and non-technical) about complex technologies and legal requirements using plain and straight-forward language.
- Outstanding client service skills
- An experienced writer who has created reports, policies, whitepapers, and blogs
- Knowledge of or a demonstrated interest in privacy laws such as California Consumer Privacy Act, General Data Protection Regulation, Online Behavioral Advertising Principles, Privacy Risk Models and Frameworks, various state privacy laws and industry regulations.
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, multi-task, adjust to rapidly changing priorities, meet multiple deadlines across all priorities, and drive strategic projects to successful delivery.
- Familiarity with OneTrust (preferred) and / or other privacy management software tools
- Ability to learn new online tools quickly.
- Three – five years privacy or cybersecurity experience.
- Working knowledge of major US, Canadian, EU privacy laws (e.g. GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, ePrivacy Directive, PIPEDA).
- Bachelors Degree required
- JD or IAPP certification a plus